Hi pen pals!
Antarctica is a special place. It's my home! It's super cool... and cold. In fact, it's the coldest, windiest, and driest continent in the world! Even though Antarctica is not a very pleasant place for most animals to live, some animals love it. My favorite Antarctic neighbors are the seals! Antarctica is home to six different types of seal: Crabeater seals, Elephant seals, Fur seals, Leopard seals, Ross seals, and Weddell seals.
Check out the video and printables below to learn more about these six types of Antarctic seals!
- 'Seals of Antarctica' printable (download & print below!)
- Activity printable (download & print below!)
- Markers, crayons, or colored pencils
- Look at the 'Seals of Antarctica' printout and learn the differences between each type of seal. Pay special attention to things like size, spots, and teeth!
- On the Activity sheet, color in the seals! Color them in like you remember them from the 'Seals of Antarctica' printout.
- Using the Activity sheet and your scissors, cut out the names of the six types of seal.
- See if you can match each seal picture with its correct seal name!
Click to download the free printables: