Hi pen pals!
Welcome to Rapa Nui! Rapa Nui is also known as Easter Island (or in Spanish, Isla de Pascua). I had a great time here visiting my pals the moai. The moai are GIANTS and they're made of rock from a volcano. You can always spot a moai because their heads are so big compared to their bodies!
They're great guys, the moai. Very easy to talk to. Anyway, check out the video and printables below to learn more and make your own moai sculpture!
- 'Moai of Rapa Nui' printable (download & print below!)
- Two activity sheet printables (download & print below!)
- Glue stick
- Look at the 'Moai of Rapa Nui' printout to learn about the moai!
- Use your scissors to cut along the solid lines on the activity sheets. Be careful not to cut anywhere else!
- Fold along the dotted lines.
- Tuck the light-colored tabs so they are inside your rectangle, and then use your glue stick to glue them in place. Repeat this step for each of your cutouts to form 2 cubes!
- Place your moai heads on top of the moai body and rotate your heads to mix-and-match!
Click to download the free printables: