Explored the world with Womple and ready to taste some new foods? Take your kid chef on a culinary adventure with these 8 kid-friendly recipes from different countries. Cooking together is a great way to introduce your little ones to different people and flavors of different country foods. It's the perfect blend between spending time together and exploring their creativity. Sit back and enjoy their reactions once they taste the final product with food from around the world.
Australia - Anzac Biscuits
- 1 cup traditional (old fashioned) rolled oats
- 1 cup plain (all purpose) flour
- 1 cup caster (fine white baking) sugar
- 3/4 cup desiccated (finely shredded) coconut
- 125g butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
- 2 tbsp hot water
Check out the recipe on Go Science Kids!
Belgium - Belgian Waffles
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, separated
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Check out the recipe on Sweet Tea + Thyme!
Canada - French Canadian Crepes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- Shortening (for best results)
- Maple syrup for serving
Check out the recipe on Snappy Gourmet!
France - Cheesy Oeufs en Cocotte (Eggs in Pots)
- 2 slices brioche
- ¼ cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 (cooked) sausages, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons table cream
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
Check out the recipe on Chocolates and Chai!
Germany - Breakfast Bread Rolls
- 500g/ 1.1 lbs/ 4 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 sachet/ 2 ¼ teaspoons instant dry yeast (See note 1)
- 300 ml/ 10 fl.oz/ 1 ¼ cups lukewarm water
- 1 ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ tablespoon honey
- Cornstarch wash (See note 2)
- 75 ml/ 2.5 fl.oz/ 1/3 cup water + 2 tablespoons
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- sesame, sunflower, pumpkin, flax or poppy seeds, optional
Check out the recipe on Where is my Spoon!
Ireland - Irish Beef Stew
- 2 lbs beef chuck roast Trimmed and cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 6 count carrots cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 24oz bag of baby Dutch yellow potatoes
- 1 count yellow onion chopped
- 6 count celery sticks chopped
- 1 count green bell pepper chopped
- 1 8oz package babybella or baby portabella mushrooms sliced
- 1 6oz can tomato paste with basil, garlic, and oregano Note: add your own garlic, basil, and oregano if you cannot find a mixture paste
- 1 14.5oz can low-sodium beef broth
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
Check out the recipe on Scrappy Geek!
Mexico - Mini Mexican Street Corn
- 12 baby corns
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise (or dairy free mayo)
- 1 tbsp sour cream (or creme fraiche or dairy free cream)
- 1 tbsp cilantro (coriander) finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp lime juice
- ⅛ tsp cayenne
Check out the recipe on Veggie Desserts!
Hawaii, USA - Hawaiian Banana Bread
- 4 Bananas, ripe and sliced
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar
- ½ Cup oil
- ¾ Cup brown sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp shredded coconut
- 2 Cups flour
- 2 Tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- ½ Tsp nutmeg
Check out the recipe on Hawaii Travel with Kids!
Cooking and baking with your little ones is still a STEAM activity. It teaches creativity, science, and math while being able to spend time together. These kid-friendly recipes from around the world add a dash of multicultural education. Travel shouldn’t be limited to physically going to foreign places - create a sensory travel experience at home by fully immersing children in these fun recipes with different country foods!
Share and tag us on social - we'd love to see your delicious finished products!