Explored the world with Womple and ready to taste some new foods? Take your kid chef on a culinary adventure with these 8 kid-friendly recipes from different countries. Cooking together is a great way to introduce your little ones to different people and flavors. Spend time together exploring their creativity and enjoy their reactions once they taste the final product!
Australia - Anzac Biscuits
- 1 cup traditional (old fashioned) rolled oats
- 1 cup plain (all purpose) flour
- 1 cup caster (fine white baking) sugar
- 3/4 cup desiccated (finely shredded) coconut
- 125g butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
- 2 tbsp hot water
Check out the recipe on Go Science Kids!
Belgium - Belgian Waffles
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, separated
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Check out the recipe on Sweet Tea + Thyme!
Canada - French Canadian Crepes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- Shortening (for best results)
- Maple syrup for serving
Check out the recipe on Snappy Gourmet!
France - Cheesy Oeufs en Cocotte (Eggs in Pots)
- 2 slices brioche
- ¼ cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 (cooked) sausages, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons table cream
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
Check out the recipe on Chocolates and Chai!
Germany - Breakfast Bread Rolls
- 500g/ 1.1 lbs/ 4 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 sachet/ 2 ¼ teaspoons instant dry yeast (See note 1)
- 300 ml/ 10 fl.oz/ 1 ¼ cups lukewarm water
- 1 ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ tablespoon honey
- Cornstarch wash (See note 2)
- 75 ml/ 2.5 fl.oz/ 1/3 cup water + 2 tablespoons
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- sesame, sunflower, pumpkin, flax or poppy seeds, optional
Check out the recipe on Where is my Spoon!
Ireland - Irish Beef Stew
- 2 lbs beef chuck roast Trimmed and cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 6 count carrots cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 24oz bag of baby Dutch yellow potatoes
- 1 count yellow onion chopped
- 6 count celery sticks chopped
- 1 count green bell pepper chopped
- 1 8oz package babybella or baby portabella mushrooms sliced
- 1 6oz can tomato paste with basil, garlic, and oregano Note: add your own garlic, basil, and oregano if you cannot find a mixture paste
- 1 14.5oz can low-sodium beef broth
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
Check out the recipe on Scrappy Geek!
Mexico - Mini Mexican Street Corn
- 12 baby corns
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise (or dairy free mayo)
- 1 tbsp sour cream (or creme fraiche or dairy free cream)
- 1 tbsp cilantro (coriander) finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp lime juice
- ⅛ tsp cayenne
Check out the recipe on Veggie Desserts!
Hawaii, USA - Hawaiian Banana Bread
- 4 Bananas, ripe and sliced
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar
- ½ Cup oil
- ¾ Cup brown sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp shredded coconut
- 2 Cups flour
- 2 Tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- ½ Tsp nutmeg
Check out the recipe on Hawaii Travel with Kids!
Cooking and baking with your little ones is still a STEAM activity. It teaches creativity, science, and math while being able to spend time together. These kid-friendly recipes from around the world add a dash of multicultural education. Travel shouldn’t be limited to physically going to foreign places - create a sensory travel experience at home by fully immersing children in these fun recipes!
Share and tag us on social - we'd love to see your delicious finished products!