Antarctica is home to six different types of seal: Crabeater seals, Elephant seals, Fur seals, Leopard seals, Ross seals, and Weddell seals.
Check out the video and printables below to learn more about these six types of Antarctic seals!
- 'Seals of Antarctica' printable (download & print below)
- Activity printable (download & print below)
- Markers, crayons, or colored pencils
- Learn about the different Antarctic seals and how to tell them apart by printing out the 'Seals of Antarctica' printable. Pay special attention to things like size, spots, and teeth!
- Print out the the Activity sheet printable and color in the seals. See if you can match the colors and patterns that you learned from the 'Seals of Antarctica' printout.
- Using the Activity sheet and your scissors, cut out the names of the six different types of Antarctic seal.
- See if you can match each seal picture with its correct seal name!
Click to download the free printables: