Back-to-school season is already here! Summer seemed to fly by, but don't let that stop you from ending on a high note. Catch the feeling of those warm summer rays with a DIY suncatcher! Filled with plenty of colors and creativity, this is the perfect outdoor activity to allow your little ones to get outside, enjoy nature, and create.
- Colored Popsicle sticks
- Hot glue gun or glue sticks
- Press 'N Seal
- Leaves, twigs, flower petals, etc.
- Go outside, take a walk or go in your backyard to gather any flowers, leaves, twigs, etc. you can find (the brighter the better)! Lay them out as flat as possible on a sheet of Press 'N Seal with a little space in between each item.
- Cover the leaves, flowers, etc. with another sheet of Press 'N Seal and push down. Make sure everything underneath is as secure as possible. Place it to the side.
- Start by hot gluing the end of one popsicle stick to another, connecting the sticks end to end to create a frame. Continue until you have four popsicles sticks built into a square. Feeling adventurous? Experiment with differently shaped frames!
- Lay your beautiful flower & leaf creation on top of the frame. Then, glue another popsicle stick frame on top of the first frame to secure your creation inside.
- Before gluing the last popsicle stick to complete your frame, glue the top of two ends of the sticks and add a string or wire. Complete the frame with the last popsicle stick on top of the string or wire.
- Hang your craft outside or hold it up into the sun yourself (REMINDER: never look directly at the sun) to catch the light in different ways.
Don't forget to tag us on Instagram or Facebook to show us your original creations!